Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Morning Oct 2nd

No new news as of 10:10am this am pacific. I just got a call from a woman who said that someone had taken our poster off her tree and that she hoped that this meant Raven was found but that she did not have information about the dog. I can't blame people for not wanting to see posters like this, but I hope that affected people will allow them to remain up long enough for them to serve their purpose.

Via email last night, we asked friends to tweet/link to this blog last night and to ask their friends to re-tweet and repost so that friends' friends could become aware of Raven's loss. This morning various return emails and phonecalls have been rolling in - some messages of support and some with helpful tips on what else we can do. One good suggestion was to call all the area vets to see if they might have Raven. So I will do that today. Thanks to all - many eyes and minds will function better than just our own to solve this problem.

I have work I cannot put off doing this am, but expect to be out canvasing later today. We will also (via our friend Elaine) be visiting all the area shelters today for inperson inspections. More data as we have it.

Mark

2 comments:

  1. Mark - can you post the flyer you are putting up so folks can become familiar with it and be able to connect the dots if they spot her? I live in Naglee Park - your blog was forwarded to me by a friend in LA - and will send this out to our email group. Best of luck - our two huskies got out earlier this year. We found one running down the main rd. near our house later that night and other had be picked up by a nice homeless couple who saw our flyer at the local liquor store and called us the next day. Don't lose hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, seeing a shot of the poster you used would be helpful.

    Also, there is a service that, for a reasonable fee, will call all of the neighbors in the target area to notify them about Raven and ask them to keep an eye out for her. I can't recall the name of it, but they did a report on it on CBS 5 recently, so they probably have a link to it on their site. (I am in no way affiliated with them; as a fellow pet owner, I took interest in the report at the time.)

    I am in that area right now and I will keep a keen eye out for her. I hope you find her soon!

    ReplyDelete